The best bib shorts for long distances: Mille GT Summer c2 GTO Bib Shorts by ASSOS
With large-muscle support, friction, and excessive pressure remaining critical issues on long-duration rides, GTO destroys conventional bib short construction formulas. The stitch lines have been reversed and the insert radically reshaped to eliminate friction and pressure on the genital area while creating unparalleled support for the muscles. Contributing to this are the louvreTec leg panels, which taper downward and are wrinkle-free to conform to the body's anatomy.
The Mille GT Summer c2 GTO is designed for the longest rides and in regularFit. A cut that tends to be more for comfort than racing and is ideal for any rider and all riding styles. The GTO straps and leg panels are designed for proven stability with the rollBar and a one-piece butterfly panel. An optimized layering system, with skin layer and matching jersey in each case ensures complete thermoregulation and dryness from head to toe.
The main textile OSSIDIA provides the ideal balance between frictionless comfort and muscle-supporting compression. The warp-knit fabric is made of ultra-thin, elastic fibers that provide muscle support, breathability and a silky smooth feel against the skin on the lower back and thighs. LOSANGA, used on the front, is a new textile developed by ASSOS that eliminates pressure on sensitive areas. The ASSOS GTO has been worked in regularFit fit, a cut that tends to be more for comfort than racing and is ideal for any rider and all riding styles.
Features - Mille GT Summer c2 GTO
- MILLE GTO C2 pad: Designed with ASSOS' proven seamless goldenGate side panels and inverted seams throughout for friction-free comfort. The front section features the new sunDeck superlight, the successor to the iconic kukuPenthouse, which is made from an ultra-soft, foam-free textile to create a pre-shaped cup that both supports the male anatomy and allows maximum air exchange. With this pad ASSOS introduces the twin21 system, which consists of three separate layers:
- microShock: 11 mm high, lightweight foam forms the foundation of the pad thanks to its proven shock-absorbing composition.
- Filterfoam: 10 mm of lower density matrix foam are embedded between the microShock and the 3D waffle. They completely absorb micro vibrations and the open-cell structure wicks away excess moisture.
- 3D waffle: A patented, three-layer, perforated foam that increases breathability and eliminates excess weight
- zeroWaist: A raw-cut, tape-reinforced edge for the smoothest transition possible between the body and fabric panel. More comfort with less pressure
- whirtlKrater: small perforations which provide better ventilation inside the seat insert.
- superFlat Xbib: A single section of elastic material - folded over on itself - forming a supportive A-frame that delivers limited vertical stretch in the rear
- OSSIDIA: A 40-gauge circular knit fabric for reliable support and a silky feel against the skin. 195 g/m2, SPF 50+, moisture wicking, integrated odorControl minerals to neutralize odor and regulate temperature. Extremely durable
- goldenGate: A patented technology that interrupts the stitching along both of the insert’s side panels, allowing a more three-dimensional freedom of movement in this sensitive, rotational area
- A-Lock Engineering: c2-regularFit system comprising new textiles and technologies working in harmony to stabilize the shorts and secure the insert in place
- Butterfly Pattern: The primary textile panel fully wrapping the lower back and legs, coming together in the rear. Fewer seams leads to a more uniform hold, less weight, and greater comfort
- Seat pad: GTO
- sunDeck superlight
- 3D waffle
- ASSOS Clima Range: Summer 1/3
- Fit: Slim Fit (ASSOS regularFit)
A body mapped performance fit that is a little less aggressive than ASSOS' racingFit. The best of both worlds, wearability and speed converging. A balance between the more compressive racingFit and the looser comfortFit.
ALS (ASSOS Layering System)
Less is more. The entire ASSOS collection is conceptualized around this technology. ASSOS apparel is engineered with minimum volume, taking advantage of the body's natural heating/cooling capacities by insulating intelligently through pro-active layering. Both fabrics and garments have chain functions and are cut to complement each other. Everything fits like a puzzle; technically as well as aesthetically. It is up to each cyclist to follow the climate range guidelines and to experiment with the different ASSOS garments in order to find the perfect personal outfit for each specific riding season.
AEPD (Advanced Ergonomic Pattern Design)
Stand for the company's know-how, experience and philosophy on how a garment should be tailored to function in the cyclist's position. ASSOS garments are designed to perfectly fit and adhere to the body, in other words, to respect the anatomy of the cycling body. High-tech fabrics are pointless if cut "wrong"!
UNKNOW YOUR LIMITS - THE MILLE GTO BIB SHORTS
Die Hose kann auch nach vielen Stunden auf dem Rad, das was sie verspricht! Aufgrund der umgekehrten Nahtlinien und der Überarbeitung des Polsters, passt sie sich perfekt an den Körper an.
Die beste Rennradhose, die ich je hatte ! Allerdings auch die teuerste ! 8 Fahrstunden in dem Teil ohne irgendwelchen Gesäßschmerzen. Vorher schon nach 4-5 h "Sitzbeschwerden". Bei Touren ab 4 h nehme ich etwas Assos Chamois Creme, prophylaktisch.
Great endurance bibs, a bit overpriced and overmarketed. I tested the short variant on a couple of longish rides (120 to 180km) in mild temperature conditions (8 to 20°C). Previous bib: ~140€ high-end endurance bib shorts from another brand, with Elastic Interface 7h+ endurance chamois. Saddle: fairly firm endurance saddle. This Assos bib is definitely great, a tad more comfy over long distances than my previous one, but it is a bit overrrated in terms of overall value. PROS: Assos size guide is relevant (177cm/67kg/M), close to skin and just a bit relaxed, very comfy (once on the bike). - The "front goods" and belly are well maintained without too much compression. - Great chamois, it is very thick but not a problem in practice. It sits naturally, no need to readjust the position regularly. It does a great job at filtering out the bumps and irregularities of the road. It does not prevent bruise-like discomfort/pain to appear over long distances, mind you. But it clearly makes it more tolerable over time, and the discomfort/pain vanishes more easily after a short break or a few minutes off the saddle, I find. At least I don't get chaffing irritation anymore after 160+km rides. - Ventilation is well balanced, no excessive sweating under effort, and no excessive cold in the front when going downhill in colder conditions. CONS: Legs tend to not stay well in place and go a bit up the thighs, which makes it quite short in practice (with no impact on comfort). I like that, but that will not please everyone (in which case choose the long variant). - The thick chamois dries off in depth very slowly after washing, definitely not overnight. - The back waist panel can get a bit wet/cold when pushing hard - Overpriced (would be good value at 200-250€). - No thigh pockets, which I find barely tolerable on bibs targeted for endurance. UNSURE: Not sure how comfortable it will be on long rides in Summer temperature conditions, with this thick chamois.